Tom Tromey <tro...@redhat.com> writes:

> gdb only enables it for the development branch, not for releases.  If
> you're building from CVS you're expected to know how to either fix
> these problems or disable -Werror.  Typically the fix is trivial; if
> you look through the archives you'll see fixes along these lines.

Right -- except that false positives from -Wmaybe-uninitialized may
actually not be trivial to fix, as demonstrated by the various GCC bugs
reported against this option.  I was mentioning GDB as an example mainly
because of GCC bug 57287, "GCC 4.9.0 fails to build GDB on Ubuntu
12.04", where somebody has obviously stumbled across this.  Comment 12
in that bug hints at a false positive that's still present with upstream
GCC, AFAIK.