There are two fundamental problems:
1) uninit warning has false positives.
2) people disagree what is the expected behavior of -Wall.

1) can only be solved by improving the analysis.  The new option is a
reasonable way to solve 2), unless you think the only way to solve it
is to change the behavior of -Wall, or ask concerned user to
explicitly use -Wno-error=... or white list the warning options they
care.

David