On 11/13/13 09:00, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Jeff" == Jeff Law <l...@redhat.com> writes:

Jeff> Given the problems Ian outlined around adding Go to the default
Jeff> languages and the build time issues with using Ada instead of Java,
Jeff> I'm unsure how best to proceed.

IIRC from upthread the main reason to keep one of these languages is
-fnon-call-exceptions testing.

How about just writing some tests for that, in C++?  It may not be quite
as good but it seems like it could be a reasonable first pass; with more
obscure issues caught by subsequent testing, much as is the case for
non-core targets.
The biggest issue with this approach is when we find a non-call-exceptions issue, the source language for the testcase is going to likely be Java, Ada or Go. Converting that to C++ can be a bit painful.

I'd certainly like to see such tests, but I fear getting any kind of decent coverage (relative to what we get today building Ada or GCJ) is going to take a *long* time.

jeff