On 26 November 2013 17:38, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherr...@oarcorp.com> wrote:

> The key to seeing the value of testing *-rtems is moving
> beyond "builds or not" and into running tests on more
> languages.

Well, we are already configuring with --enable-languages=all,ada,go ,
so there are a lot of frontends being build - just not the libraries.

> as to Joern's question:
>> Is there something that microblaze-rtems exposes that is not already
>> covered by other microblaze or rtems targets that are already included?
>
> I believe it was on the microblaze where someone broke the
> libgcc pattern for rtems by changing the pattern from
> XXX*-*-* to XXX*-*-elf.

In order to catch such a problem, we'd have to at least build libgcc.
Which requires to have an assembler for the respective target first.

How should this be handled?  Test if an cross-asembler for target
has been installedon the host?
Or having a separate list of targets that are supported by FSF GAS, and
a curent gas checkout, and then building gas for those targets?