On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
> A recent mailing list post about install.texi cleanup suggested I
> take a look at ours, and there were a few problems:
>
>  * No table of contents entries
>  * Not alphabetically ordered
>  * Missing a note about requiring binutils-2.28

This looks fine with a few changes, thank you.

Perhaps a bit repetitive?  I'm wondering, would it make sense to
have general riscv64-*-* entries that cover the general items?

> 2017-03-13  Palmer Dabbelt  <pal...@dabbelt.com
>
>         * doc/install.texi (Specific) <riscv32-*-elf>: Add table of contents
>         link.
>         <riscv32-*-linux>: Likewise.
>         <riscv64-*-elf>: Likewise
>         <riscv64-*-linux>: Likewise.

Here I'd just say

        * doc/install.texi (Specific): Add foo, bar, didl, doo to the
        table of contents.

>         <riscv32-*-elf>: Add a note about requiring binutils-2.28.

Here and in the text, binutils 2.28 (without the dash).

Approved.

Gerald

PS: We usually send patches to the gcc-patches@ list.