Hi Mikhail,

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Mikhail Maltsev <malts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Yes, bug maintenance is appreciated. See this message and replies
> to it: https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-04/msg00258.html .

Replies in your link suggest to leave a final comment in bugs with
explanatory suggestion to close them so that maintainers who read
gcc-bugs list hopefully notice them and act appropriately.
Unfortunately I found this to _not_ work in practice. Below you can
see a list of bugs I've investigated (and often bisected) in the past
weeks - none of them were closed by maintainers (or at least
commented).

So I'm afraid we have to conclude that there's no working process to
close stale bugs in place (which may be one of the reasons of bugcount
growth).

* Bug 41992 - ICE on invalid dereferencing of void *
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00860.html)
* Bug 63245 - renderMemorySnippet shouldn't show more bytes than the
underlying type
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00645.html)
* Bug 61693 - [asan] is not intercepting aligned_alloc
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00643.html)
* Bug 61771 - Test failures in ASan testsuite on ARM Linux due to FP
format mismatch between libasan and GCC
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00646.html)
* Bug 78028 - ASAN doesn't find memory leak
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00653.html)
* Bug 55316 - gcc/libsanitizer/asan/asan_linux.cc:70:3: error: #error
"Unsupported arch"
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00636.html)
* Bug 78654 - ubsan can lead to excessive stack usage
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00640.html)
* Bug 60892 - GCC (libsanitizer) fails to build with Linux 2.6.21
headers (https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00649.html)
* Bug 61995 - gcc 4.9.1 fails to compile with error in libsanitizer
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00648.html)
* Bug 80027 - ASAN breaks DT_RPATH $ORIGIN in dlopen()
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg00787.html)
* Bug 54123 - inline functions not optimized as well as static inline
(https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2017-07/msg01321.html)

-Y