On Thu, 16 Aug 2018, Martin Liška wrote:

> About the location of libgcov.{a,so}, I believe right place would be now:
>
> /home/marxin/bin/gcc/lib64/libgcov.so.1
> /home/marxin/bin/gcc/lib64/libgcov.so
> /home/marxin/bin/gcc/lib64/libgcov.a

Yes, I think so.

> Because of LD_LIBRARY_PATH location I believe libgcov.so should not be in:
> /home/marxin/bin/gcc/lib64/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.0.0/libgcov.so
> ?

Unless --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs is used (but since that's
only supported by a few libraries, according to install.texi, I see no
particular reason to need to support it for this one as well as part of
adding support for building it as a shared library).

--
Joseph S. Myers
jos...@codesourcery.com