Hi Maxim,

On Fri, 2019-12-06 at 17:44 +0300, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> > On Sep 19, 2019, at 6:34 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim.kuvyr...@linaro.org>
> > wrote:
> > > On Sep 17, 2019, at 3:02 PM, Richard Earnshaw (lists)
> > > <richard.earns...@arm.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Monday 16th December 2019 - cut off date for picking which git conversion
> > > to use
> > >
> > > Tuesday 31st December 2019 - SVN repo becomes read-only at end of stage 3.
> > >
> > > Thursday 2nd January 2020 - (ie read-only + 2 days) new git repo comes on
> > > line for live commits.
> >
> > I have regenerated my primary version this week, and it's up at
> > https://git.linaro.org/people/maxim-kuvyrkov/gcc-pretty.git/ .
> > So far I have received only minor issue reports about it, and all known
> > problems have been fixed.
> > I could use a bit more scrutiny :-).
>
> I think now is a good time to give status update on the svn->git conversion I
> maintain.
> See https://git.linaro.org/people/maxim-kuvyrkov/gcc-pretty.git/ .
>
> 1. The conversion has all SVN live branches converted as branches under
> refs/heads/* .
>
> 2. The conversion has all SVN live tags converted as annotated tags under
> refs/tags/* .
>
> 3. If desired, it would be trivial to add all deleted / leaf SVN branches and
> tags.
>    They would be named as branches/my-deleted-branch@12345,
>    where @12345 is the revision at which the branch was deleted.
>    Branches created and deleted multiple times would have separate entries
>    corresponding to delete revisions.
>
> 4. Git committer and git author entries are very accurate
>    (imo, better than reposurgeon's, but I'm biased).
>    Developers' names and email addresses are mined from commit logs,
>    changelogs and source code and have historically-accurately attributions
>    to employer's email addresses.
>
> 5. Since there is interest in reparenting branches to fix cvs2svn merge
> issues,
>    I've added this feature to my scripts as well (turned out to be trivial).
>    I'll keep the original gcc-pretty.git repo intact and will upload the new
> one at
>    https://git.linaro.org/people/maxim-kuvyrkov/gcc-reparent.git/
>    -- should be live by Monday.

Should we go with the gcc-reparent.git repo now?

Where exactly should it be installed under https://gcc.gnu.org/git/
Replacing the existing gcc.git will be confusing, but then how would we
name the repo that will become the main git gcc repo in 2 weeks?

Where are the tools/scripts that should be installed on gcc.gnu.org to
keep it up to date during the next 2 week transition period?

Thanks,

Mark