On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 at 12:56, Thomas Koenig <tkoe...@netcologne.de> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> > For now, I would recommend doing 1:1 backports. Otherwise, you'll need
> > to merge
> > all ChangeLog entries in a format the server hook accepts. That can
> > require some
> > work.
>
> If the first commit caused a regression, which the second one fixed,
> this would keep the first regression, right?  Is that what we want?

It will only "keep" it for a matter of seconds, between that
backported commit and the backported fix. And unless you push the
first commit before pushing the fix, nobody will ever see the
regression without also seeing the fix (unless they specifically check
out the branch at the point of the first commit).