Am 27.11.20 um 00:50 schrieb Jonathan Wakely via Gcc:
Does anybody object to raising the line length for libstdc++ code
(not the rest of GCC) to 100 columns?

In gfortran, we have a habit of using long and expressive function
names (which is good) which lead to lots of columns of indentation,
which leads to excessive line breaks when restricted to 80 columns
(which is bad).

Even a modest increase could lead to much better readable code.
I'd also support increasing the line length there to something
reasonable, and 100 certainly isn't too high.

Fortran moved on from 80-column-card format a long time ago, we now
have 132 as maximum line length :-)

Best regards

        Thomas