[I previously sent this from another email account, but it seems to be
lost.  I am sending this on behalf of the GCC Steering Committee.]

In 2012 RMS was added to the GCC Steering Committee web page
based on his role in the GNU Project, though his role as a member
of the Steering Committee has been ambiguous and he was not a member
of the Steering Committee when EGCS became GCC[1].  We no longer feel
that this listing serves the best interests of the GCC developer and
user community.  Therefore, we are removing him from the page.

GCC supports the principles of Free Software and has remained aligned
with the GNU Project since EGCS became GCC, but effectively has continued
to operate as an autonomous project.

The GCC Steering Committee is committed to providing a friendly, safe
and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender identity and
expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical
appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or
similar personal characteristics.

- The GCC Steering Committee

[1] https://static.lwn.net/1999/0429/a/gcc.html