On 4/12/21 12:55 PM, John Darrington wrote:
In GNU, there are no "senior" (or junior) developers/maintainers.  Maintainers
have some specific responsibilities, with which developers are not emcumbered.
In almost all projects, the maintainers are also developers, but this need not
be the case.  But all maintainers are equal, and all developers are equal.

Those are terms we tend to use in the glibc developer community to loosely indicate the amount of time and resources individuals have spent in the glibc project as developers, testers, release managers, etc. In fact, 'maintainer' in glibc is not the same as 'maintainer' in GNU because they're not GNU maintainers. We call GNU maintainers "FSF stewards" in glibc to disambiguate that.

It doesn't matter what these roles are called in GNU because they're not the names we use in the glibc community on a day to day basis. That said, we can have a conversation about glibc on the glibc mailing list. The gcc mailing list is not the place for it. In the interest of keeping the thread relevant, this is my last email on this topic on the gcc mailing list.

Siddhesh