On Fri, 16 Apr 2021, Frosku wrote:
> In my view, if people employed by a small number of American companies
> succeed in disassociating GCC from GNU/FSF, which is representative of
> the free software grassroots community

I find this insistant focus by some on "American companies"
interesting - and quite pointless. And my passport is burgundy.

It also is a completely unwarranted attack on the integrity of the
maintainers, contributors, and other leaders of GCC. Regardless of
the color of their passports.

Personally I care about quality of what we ship, supporting our
users, and upholding the principles of free software/open source.
And I am willing to bet this applies to the vast majority of us.

So please stop those unfounded allegations.

Gerald

PS: Our release managers, for example, are British (Joseph), Czech
(Jakub), and German (Richi), IIRC.  The majority of the FSF board,
FSF leadership, and RMS himself are American from what I can tell.