On 2021-04-17 10:40, Ville Voutilainen via Gcc wrote:

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 at 20:31, Christopher Dimech <dim...@gmx.com> wrote:

I do not see people really intending to fork. It explains why detractors
have gone berserk.

I appreciate your colorful exaggerations, but I should point out that
the libstdc++
maintainer has stated his intention to fork, in unambigous terms. A helper
elf of his has stated that he will follow the fork, if it occurs. I'm
politely entertaining
the possibility that you missed that, but Mr. Wakely is not joking
when he indicates
that he wishes to do a non-FSF fork of lbistdc++.

On the helper elf front, I can concretely state that I will not (for the foreseeable future) be assigning copyright to FSF on *new* concurrency and parallelism related features in libstdc++ or the support libraries for this work to the FSF.