On 6/16/21 6:26 PM, José Rui Faustino de Sousa wrote:
On 16/06/21 20:37, Martin Sebor wrote:
I don't really think the warning is doing
anything wrong

I completely agree. I am not complaining about the warning, I am complaining that there is code in gcc which raises this warning and breaks the build.

I was assuming that this was being triggered by some option that I was using but, on further investigation, the -Wformat-truncation flag is being set by -Wall which AFAICT is set by the build process itself...

Correct.

So this is starting to look like something that really should be fixed... What bugs me is why it seems that I was the only one who noticed...

What stage does this happens in, and if stage 1, what is the system compiler? You need GCC 12 to reproduce it and as far as I can see
it needs -O0 (or -Og or -Os).  That seems like a unique setup.  If
this is stage 1 it doesn't use -Werror so warnings shouldn't keep
the build from succeeding.  If some later stage and you're using
any unusual options (like -Og or -Os) then that would also be
unusual.  Otherwise I'll need more info to understand what's going
on.

Martin

Thank you very much.

Best regards,