On 9/27/2021 7:52 AM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
[CCing Jeff and list for broader audience]

On 9/27/21 2:53 PM, Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
Hi Aldy,

Your patch seems to slow down 471.omnetpp by 8% at -O3.  Could you please take a look if this is something that could be easily fixed?

First of all, thanks for chasing this down.  It's incredibly useful to have these types of bug reports.

Jeff and I have been discussing the repercussions of adjusting the loop crossing restrictions in the various threaders.  He's seen some regressions in embedded targets when disallowing certain corner cases of loop crossing threads causes all sorts of grief.

Out of curiosity, does the attached (untested) patch fix the regression?
And just a note, that patch doesn't seem to fix the regressions on visium or rl78.    I haven't checked any of the other regressing targets yet.

jeff