On 11/24/2021 12:41 PM, Zdenek Sojka wrote:
Hello Jeff,

---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Jeff Law via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Komu: Paul Floyd <pa...@free.fr>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Datum: 24. 11. 2021 20:33:02
Předmět: Re: distinguishing gcc compilation valgrind false positives

    On 11/24/2021 12:15 PM, Paul Floyd via Gcc wrote:

    > On 24/11/2021 20:05, Zdenek Sojka via Gcc wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> from time to time, I come upon a testcase that failed during the
    >> automated
    >> runs, but passes during reduction; there are valgrind warnings
    present,
    >> however. How do I distinguish what warnings are valid and which
    are
    >> false
    >> positives? Is there any way gcc could prevent generating the false
    >> positives?
    >

    > What makes you think that any are false positives?
    >
    > Memcheck generally has a low false positive rate (though I am
    little
    > biased).
    >
    > You need to read the source and decide based on that.
    Agreed.  Work from the assumption it's a real GCC issue until proven
    otherwise.

    I believe GCC has annotations to help valgrind that are turned on
    by a
    magic configuration option as well.

I have gcc configured with --enable-valgrind-annotations , if that is the one you are talking about?

Almost certainly.  I

I could also use a valgrind suppression file; this is also part of my question, if there is one readily available

I'm not aware of a suppression file, but it'd be nice to have one.

jeff