Hi,

Actually a non-RISC OS question, this one - though since it's part of
GCCSDK, I guess this is the right place to ask!

I'm doing some ARM Linux work that uses assembly, and because I'm
familiar with the armasm/objasm/asasm syntax (and because, having worked
on a relatively large project using the GNU assembler recently, I'm now
pretty sure it's a more flexible syntax anyway), I'd like to write the
new project using a port of asasm that targets Linux.

When I do:

sudo apt-get install bison flex libarchive-dev [*]
autoreconf --install
./configure --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf
make
DESTDIR=<path/to/installation> make install

I get an asasm binary (plus a number of others I don't care about) which
will happily assemble armasm-style source files. However, when I come to
try to link them with the output of Linux GCC 4.6.3, I get:

/usr/bin/ld: error: Source object asm.o has EABI version 0, but target
program has EABI version 5
/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file asm.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any ideas if there's an easy way to fix this, or was this just a bad idea
to begin with?

Ben

(*) other dependencies may already have been satisfied, so this isn't an
    exhaustive list, but I thought I might as well record them anyway...