In message <op.wwbtkfn9l0n5eg@amoe.local>
          "Ben Avison" <bavi...@riscosopen.org> wrote:

> I've been running into a few other troubles, starting with the fact that
> quite a lot of the ARMv6 opcodes don't seem to have been implemented yet
> (any idea when they're likely to appear?).

This is all done out of love, personal interest and in free spare time.
I'm unable to give any deadlines.

Currently I'm in the middle of adding DWARF debug support in asasm's ELF
output.

> I thought I'd work around it by
> defining the ones I needed as macros, but then I find that :CC_ENCODING: has
> been implemented inconsistently with armasm and objasm, so for example:
>
>     ! 0, :STR::CC_ENCODING:"AL"
>
> should output "E0000000", but outputs "0000000E" instead.

Interesting, that's not what I've understood from ARM's assembler manuals
but rereading its description I see that's it was not so well specified.
Fixed with r6390.

Pity I don't have access to the latest objasm as this would have been
noticed otherwise ;-)

> I thought I'd update to the head of subversion to see if either of those had
> been addressed, but instead I found that the EABI hack had stopped working,
> I now get:
>
> output.c:592:19: error: ‘EF_ARM_EABI_VER5’ undeclared
>
> when building asasm (with ELF_EABI defined). Is there a way to get this back
> please?

Sure, fixed with r6391.  Apologies for that, it was a fallout after
switching to the elftoolchain library for writing ELF files instead of
our own code.

Thanks for the feedback,
John.
--