Jorge Arévalo wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the link Mateusz.

OK, I need your opinion. I've been working during 1 year (still working) in a project that uses gdal library (developing some code), and Postgis, to transform vectorial data (MIF files) on PNG tiles to show over google maps.

I use Postgis to perform a previous merge of some vectorial data. Then, I transform the vectorial data in raster files, and "burn" the polygons over them using given colors. Finally, I transform these raster files in PNG tiles with gdal2tiles.

Guys,

Maybe this interests you. The GMT tool "ps2raster" (CVS version) is now able to
create KML code from any -- GMT-complicate-as-much-as-you-want -- images.

Joaquim Luis