Matthew,

An absolute kludge-type of "solution" would be a) to make sure that the GeoTIFF is larger than the shapefile when rasterising (in order to not loose points at the edges) and b) to shift the GeoTIFF NW by 0.5 pixel after rasterising, as I already wrote in my previous mail.

There has been no traffic on Eli's ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3774 during the last 11 months, so my guess is that the bug will remain for a while. It's strange that there aren't more people stumbling across the issue.

Hermann