Kurt,

The Tamas SDKs are not enough as to provide all the dependencies to a GDAL Win installation. It miss all those dlls (didn't check if the list is complete) that the VS2015/17 builds now depend on. So if one wants to distribute a program that depends on GDAL (GMT, in y case) that long list of dlls must be supplied as well or otherwise tell users that they have to install a MS distributable package.

Not a killer feature but annoying certainly.

Yes, if one remains at GDAL <= 2.2 this issue does not exist.
I'm not building GDAL against GEOS so didn't know about it C++11 requirement.

Side and non relevant info, 3 weeks ago I was at the Southern Hemisphere.

Joaquim

api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-datetime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-handle-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-interlocked-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-namedpipe-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processenvironment-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll
api-ms-win-core-profile-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-sysinfo-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-util-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-process-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll

Joaquim,

Please give it another go at explaining what this use case is and the issues with it. I didn't follow your comments about the need for VS2013. If users >are on a legacy compiler (w.r.t. to C++11), can they not be served by the 2.2 branch? How does that use case fair with the impending GEOS 3.7.0 >requiring a minimum of C++11?

Thanks,
-kurt

P.S. Doesn't really matter, but here is where I upped the version for VS on Aug 14 after some discussion with Even:

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc68_cplusplus11?action=diff&version=9&old_version=8