From https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdal , no Ubuntu version ships with 3.2.1. Perhaps you are using the ubuntugis PPA with 3.2.1+dfsg-1~focal0 ? I'd suspect some mismatch of underlying libraries, perhaps proj.

What's the output of

ldd `which ogrinfo`

and also do

sudo apt install valgrind

and what's the output of

valgrind ogrinfo --version

Le 08/05/2021 à 14:28, Bryan Keith a écrit :
Hello,

I am trying to install GDAL on Ubuntu.  When I check the installation, I get this:

ogrinfo --version
GDAL 3.2.1, released 2020/12/29
free(): invalid pointer
Aborted (core dumped)

Hmmm, what to do?

I installed like this:

sudo apt-get install gdal-bin

My Python installations look like this:

$ python -V
Python 2.7.18
$ python3 -V
Python 3.8.5

I imagine more information is required to diagnose this problem, but I'm not sure what that would be.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Bryan

http://www.spatialys.com