| Thereafter, MrSid driver cratered on some 2004 Lizardtech defines in lt_platform.h that defined possible GCC compilers topping out at <= 5 (rather than a future unimaginable 9 or 12). Removing a desire for MrSid, in this instance through ccmake,

That's completely unrelated to building GDAL through autoconf or cmake. This is an issue with the LizardTech SDK that indeed remains stuck to ancient GCC versions

I see I locally patched line 40 of lt_platform.h to remove the GCC version check, and then things go flawlessly

#if (defined(__GNUC__) || defined(__GNUG__)) // && (3 <= __GNUC__ && __GNUC__ <= 5)

I've just tried to submit this issue to their support service.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com