Le 24/11/2022 à 19:18, michael.smith.e...@gmail.com a écrit :
I don’t believe these are huge features, its OSM building for the world. Must be the memory constraint since it is a lot of features. This doesn’t happen (i think, am retesting now) if created from the osm pbf file directly but does from the fgb created from the pbf.
Hum, it might be that the FGB reader is a bit gready in its memory usage then. Björn might be able to comment more

Do either of the columnar formats (arrow, geoparquet) support spatial access window selections yet (via ogr2ogr) or is that still forthcoming?

There is no spatial index specification for those formats (yet ? it isn't obvious how to stick one into them, in a clean and backward compatible way, but I believe this is a subject of research). So for now spatial filtering involves scanning all features geometries (there are a few optimizations to make it as efficient as possible, but you definitely won't get a great performance if repeatedly selecting small amounts of features with different extents)

--
http://www.spatialys.com