Hi,

The documentation in https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/oapif.html#layer-schema is
wrong when it claims this:
OGR needs a fixed schema per layer, but OGC API - Features Core doesn't impose
fixed schema. So the driver will retrieve the first page of features (10
features) and establish a schema from this.

I can see from the debug info and from the source code that if GDAL finds a
relation of type "describedBy" for a collection then it reads and interprets
the schema from the link. However, I am not sure if  GDAL in this case trusts
the schema and skips scanning of the first ten features for harvesting the
attributes.

BTW, the name of the relation type has been changed into "describedby" due to
https://github.com/opengeospatial/ogcapi-features/issues/338. It is better to
support both describedBy and describedby.

-Jukka Rahkonen-