Hi there,
I have two female leos that are gravid without being introduced to any males, and this would be their first year breeding, therefore there would be no sperm stored in them.
Seems like as soon as both of them reached 60grams they quickly started producing eggs. I have all my leos in a rack system, with males either in the container next to them or below them, all in seperate containers. I'm guessing they sensed the scent of a male and that is why they got gravid.
However my question is this. Is it true that if a leo produces (infertile) eggs without being mated at the start of the season that all throughout the season she will lay infertile eggs, even if mated with a male after her first clutch of infertile eggs, or is this untrue.
I sure hope it's untrue. But if any of you had experience with this type of thing or could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance,
-Sam