On Tuesday 11 April 2006 16:09, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> My misconception.  I wasn't thinking clearly!  Sorry!   Leave the
> current stuff in CVS as it is.  Spice shoudl be able to read either
> .END or .end.
>
> Stuart
>
> p.s. I'll check later to see if ngspice and gnucap will handle both
> .END and .end.

If it doesn't work the way you expect, you should report it as a bug. To
make a work-around is to prolong the bug.  Spice is supposed to be NOT
case sensitive.  Really old versions of Spice accepted upper case only.
Gnucap, when reading Spice format, should be not case sensitive, since
it is supposed to be following Spice rules.  The current development
snapshot is incorrect in parameters and named nodes, which currently
follow Microsoft rules.  (It is non-deterministic whether it is
case-sensitive or not.  Correct performance is assured only when you
assume it could be either.)