On 9/28/06, Vaughn Treude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I did not know you had such a big collection of footprints!  It would
have saved me some work.  My circuit has a few off-beat components on
it, but I was surprised to see that a  number of standard SMD components
were not in there, and I ended up creating them.

The collections contains parts that I have used or planned on using. Since
I currently do not have an easy way to solder BGAs or QFN style
packages you will
not find those types (except for a couple of QFN's). I also have not
use PGA styles (yet).

I am curious which common SMD components weren't there?

I hate to be a pest on this issue, but I never did get gnetlist to
handle the embedded nets correctly.  Not that I mind that much changing
the symbols to eliminate embedded power pins (I'll do whatever works)
but I don't know how else to handle the connections between the sheets
of the schematic.  I can't afford the time to keep manually correcting
the netlists.  I don't know what version of gnetlist I'm using, as the
usage message didn't seem to include version info.  But am I correct in
using the "-g PCB" flag?  I don't see what I'm doing wrong, but there
must be something.  When I netlist the modified SCH file you sent me
still does not consolidate the +5V and Vcc nets.  I get the following
result:

Nets with identical names connect. In my version of gschem (20050329)
you have to have one end of a net connected to a component in order for it
to connect to other nets of the same name.

The command I used to generate a netlist from your schematic was ---

gsch2pcb --elements-dir   /YOUR_PCB_FOOTPRINT_DIR   YOUR_SCH_FILE_NAME

(* jcl *)

---
http://www.luciani.org