Dear Ali,

thank you very much for your quick feedback!

As a gem5 beginner I do not have any better idea right now. So I think I
will start by leveraging your idea.

I previously developed ARM + x86 in QEMU-user. With QEMU I compile one QEMU
for ARM and one for x86, then I load the QEMU-user-x86, waiting for the
connection of the QEMU-user-ARM one. At that point the execution start, I
use a special instruction to migrate both sides. Every time a VMA is
mapped, the mapping is saved in a list; during migration all the mapping
are migrated. VMAs are mapped on shared memory (i.e. between the two QEMU
processes I have shared memory). Hope this short description make sense.

Do you think I can apply a similar approach here?

thanks again,
Antonio