Could it not be as simple as back pressure?

The traffic generator can only send requests as fast as the port (crossbar
in this case), can accept them.

I suspect if you set the max time to some larger value it is all fine.

Andreas

On 26/02/2015 08:04, "Sensen Hu - EWI via gem5-dev" <gem5-dev@gem5.org>
wrote:

>thanks, Erfan.
>I see. But my TraceGen can't still traverse the whole tgen-simple-mem.trc
>file, while it only executes the first 4 instructions. Then it stops.  I
>check the following simout file, shows that:
>Global frequency set at 1000000000000 ticks per second
>info: Entering event queue @ 0.  Starting simulation...
>Exiting @ tick 16000 because simulate() limit reached
>
>there are 12 instructions in my tgen-simple-mem.trc, the last
>instruction's tick is 15000.
>I decode the monitor.ptrc.trc file and find the TraceGen only exectues 4
>instruction.
>
>I'm wondering what's my error.

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782