Hi Giacomo, Gabe,

I'm a large supporter of SystemC because its 'the' IEEE standard for
simulation, therefore I support always activities towards that direction.
However I have a similar concern like Giacomo.

I would prefer to just 'use' the SystemC kernel by accellera as kernel for gem5
in order to have a proper separation between model and kernel. I think its very
interesting for many people to use gem5 in their SystemC environment also
together with commercial IP SystemC models that have a closed source. With the
current aimed approach it would be required to have access to the source code
of all used models in the system and commercial SystemC tools like Synopsys
Platform Architect etc. could not be used.

Best,
Matthias