Hi Min,

The way that the TLB deals with a timing translation is specific to each ISA. I don't have much experience with anything other than Power but for that ISA, yes, you're correct. The timing translation is just a wrapper around the atomic translation. It seems from a quick check that Alpha is the same.

If you actually wanted to have the fetch translation finish on a different cycle to the one it was initiated on then you would have to make some changes to the fetch stage to allow that. I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult but might require splitting up several functions into code that's executed before the translation and code that's executed afterwards.

Cheers
Tim