On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM, nathan binkert <n...@binkert.org> wrote:

> > I like the former idea... just plain README as a filename seems good
> enough
> > to me.  The latter idea (putting it in the root directory with
> "GENERATED"
> > in the name) has the problem that if you don't know that you're looking
> for
> > auto-generated files, you're not likely to realize this file is relevant
> > your problem.
> Ok.  I can agree there.  Would MISSING_FILES be better?

My main point is that the location is what matters most.  If you're agreeing
that putting something in the directories where the generated files might be
is the right thing to do?  In that case, I don't think that the filename
matters that much; README is fine, MISSING_FILES is probably better.

Conversely, I also think that no matter what you call the file, having it in
the root directory is not going to be as effective.

Steve