> Plain textual sort please.  I don't completely follow the distinction here,
> but I'm guessing that it's pretty subtle at best, and not worth requiring
> something more than M-x sort-lines or equivalent to maintain compliance with.

I was basically trying to implement something like what you had in the
old util/sort-includes file that you wrote. The idea was that a
directory (like sys/ or base/ would be sorted before a file like
foo.h). For example:
#include "b/c/d.hh"
#include "b/a.hh"
#include "a.hh"

If we don't want that, I think we still need sys/ and things like it
to be sorted before standard C includes:

#include <sys/time.h>
#include <inttypes.h>