From: bink...@gmail.com [mailto:bink...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of nathan binkert
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:40 AM
To: Beckmann, Brad
Cc: Nilay Vaish; Steve Reinhardt; Ali Saidi; Gabe Black; Default
Subject: Re: Review Request: ruby: get rid of ruby's Debug.hh

2.       Just for my own knowledge... Nate, you mentioned that handling the
SIGABRT signal is the right way to make this feature work for all of M5.  Why
is that?  Is it just the preference not to use macros that overwrite the
meaning of assert, or is it something more fundamental?
Not fundamental.  Mostly because we don't want multiple meanings of assert.  It
seems that if we could get this to work properly that it would be easiest as
well.

  Nate