I was looking at the structure of the tree, and a few of the files at
the root are a little stale. The LICENSE file doesn't list any of the
other institutions that have a files in the tree and is up to 2008
instead of 2011. The README and RELEASE_NOTES files reflect beta 6 and
are also dated 2008. The README file could probably be just touched up
and still be useful. RELEASE_NOTES can probably be deleted outright
since we don't have releases any more.

As for the LICENSE file, I think we should create a license or LICENSE
directory and put one file in it for each license in use for M5. Then,
in each file that needs a license, we could put something like
"Copyright Foo Inc., license in LICENSE/foo.txt". This is probably going
to be a bit controversial, but it would help tidy up small files that
are 50% license text.

Gabe