Hi Nilay,
  I don't know if there is a regression for it, but the M5 utility
(./util/m5/) sets up functional accesses to memory.  For instance, in FS, if
you specify an rcS script to fs.py and call
  % /sbin/m5 readfile
from the command line of the simulated system, it will read the specified
rcS file off the host machine's disk and send it to the memory of the
simulated system using functional accesses.  I think there are other
functional access examples in the magic that the M5 utility provides.
  Hope this helps,
  Joel

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Nilay <ni...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> How can I test whether or not functional accesses to the memory are
> working correctly? Do we have some regression test for this?
>
> Thanks
> Nilay

  Joel Hestness
  PhD Student, Computer Architecture
  Dept. of Computer Science, University of Texas - Austin
  http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~hestness