Hi Korey,

I suppose you could do that kind of walking, though I think it would be
overly complicated.  Let's say again you have 4 private L1s, 2 shared L2s,
and a shared L3.  If the L3 poked its port appropriately, I guess it could
know that there are two things hanging off of it on the other side.  But if
you want to know things on a per CPU basis, then you'd have to keep track of
depth as well so that when you get the the L2s and poke THEIR ports, you
could back calculate at the L3 that there are 4 cores sharing the L3.  Seems
messy to me.

So, I guess my feeling is, if you want to be the one to code that up, that's
cool, but I'm definitely not going to :).

Lisa