> I think Lisa's "pythonic fix" is the one where we use the _numCpus
> value that's calculated entirely in python (including the +1 offset in
> FS mode) and don't attempt the automatic C++ technique that Korey
> proposed.

Hey guys,
with the new Ruby memory system coming, how much of the classic memory
system support (or features) are we still going to be adding on?

I ask because I was curious about this last night and  wrote a good chunk of
the code for the "automatic C++ technique" (actually wasnt too hard to
write). The problem Lisa posed of hierarchy confusion I approached and just
now thought how to truly solve it. Basically, instead of passing a "sharer
count" from upstream caches, pass a set of sharers and then you keep adding
to that set as you combine results from multiple ports on a bus. I also
coded it so that you only do this "auto-technique" if an original parameter
wasn't set (so Lisa's way would still work).

So I guess what I am asking is does anyone care about that feature of
automatically determining the sharers OR since Ruby will be the preferred
memory system that any feature (or complexity) I add to this would be
unnecessary in the big picture?

If it's the latter, I'm OK with that, I can just post what I have to the
reviewboard at some point for someone who might care in the future (its at
the back of a long patchqueue right now).

If people do care or think it would be a cool add-on, I can wait until Lisa
does her 1st pass post of this and then at that point match the variable
names and post my "auto-solution".

--
- Korey