Hi Jason,

I am running ARM NoC and running splash2 benchmark on it. Now I want the
stats to be dumped from all of the kernels in the benchmark without exiting
(ending the simulation). According to your reply. I have understood it such
that I have to annotate my application with check points at the region of
interest.This is done by the following inst.

m5_checkpoint(0,0) at the start of the region of interest

m5_dumpreset_stats(0,0) at the end of the region of interest
Now I have to provide the m5op_arm.S file in the compilation of the
application to the compiler.
Next step is to run the system and boot Linux on it and run the Kernel on
it. The ROI will be automatically get detected and the stats for that part
will be dumped separately from other parts.
Now I want to know that the check point simulation loop exit and stats dump
is controlled by the python
script that you provided in runkvm.py etc.
I want to know that how can I use this script with my system. I am running
ARM NoC in Full system mode.
Should I use the portion within the loop

while exit_event.getCause() != "m5_exit instruction encountered":
 since this loop checks "work started count reach": and "work items exit
count reached": and exits the
simulation loop accordingly. Also i have to run system with
--work-begin-exit-count = 1
--work-end-exit-count = 1

My actual question is that where should I use this loop. I mean that where
should I put the script you mentioned in your mail. Should I put it in the
run function in the simulation.py after the point where REAL SIMULATION
STARTS ??

Kindly, provide some guidance?
best regards,
Muhammad