Hi Muhammad,

You don't have to use checkpoint. You can either use dumpreset stats or the
m5_roi_begin/end magic instructions.

For how to change the config scripts... I encourage you to trace through
the Python config scripts' execution in configs/. This will help you
understand how the configuration and simulator execution works. You can use
the Learning gem5 book: http://learning.gem5.org/ to get a solid foundation
on how to write config scripts.

Jason