Regarding the other part of your email:
Let me begin by saying I am a novice to both RISCV and gem5.
I have a RISCV RTL with a certain config. I have set up gem5 to match that
configuration. I want to make sure that they are indeed equivalent so that
I can run some experiments on gem5 (instead of on RTL) since that would be
faster and easier. In order to establish that equivalence, I am running a
simple benchmark test on both RTL and gem5. The final numbers like
DMIPS/MHz etc match fairly closely. But I want to dig further to see if the
retired instruction/s at a given tick, for both these setups, are also a
close match.
Hence the questions.