Hi Ayaz,

thanks for your quick response.

Yeah, argparse is one possibility. But it is cumbersome and bugprone to implement a new option for every single configuration parameter I want to vary. Also, I would need a way not only to parse the options, but also to generate the gem5 command with the parameters on-the-fly. As far as I know, argparse does not provide this functionality.

 So another option that I thought of is to serialize my custom configuration class, pass it to gem5, and deserialize it again in the gem5 configuration script.

Best
Derek