Hello Elliot Moss,

a shared Python file with parameter settings sounds useful.

What I meant with running gem5 without the gem5 executable was to use the compiled library directly from the Python configuration script. From what I have seen, the gem5 executable sets up some internal state and then directly calls the embedded Python interpreter to launch the user-provided script.

But as I see it there is no technical reason why it shouldn't be possible to call this setup routine directly from Python. This would reduce the complexity to only one single Python script.

Best
Derek