Comment about DHCPv6 question in line...

- Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Soliman, Hesham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 11/22/2006 4:51 AM
To: Scott W Brim; General Area Review Team; Jari Arkko; Mark Townsley
(townsley); Bob Hinden; Brian Haberman; Thomas Narten; Erik Nordmark; William
Allen Simpson; ipv6@ietf.org; ietf@ietf.org
Subject: RE: gen-art review of draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-09.txt

 > 4.2 router advertisement
 >
 >   - "Note: If neither M nor O flags are set this indicates that no
 >     information is available via DHCPv6."
 >
 >     This means that the responding router always knows if DHCPv6 is
 >     definitely available or definitely not available.  Is there any
 >     possibility that the responding router might not know?

=> I don't think so. It should always know.

It's a network config and admin issue.  The router doesn't "learn" or "know" if
DHCPv6 is available; rather, the router is explicitly configured by the network
admin to advertise the availability of DHCPv6 to hosts.  Presumably, the
netowkr admin knows whether DHCPv6 is available and configures the router
appropriately.