From: Danny McPherson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 November 2008 00:32
To: Brian E Carpenter; Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)
Cc: General Area Review Team; Ross Callon;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-03.txt

OK, a summary of discussion takeaways is below.  Unless
there are objections, I believe all of these can be
resolved by the RFC Editor actions and would prefer that
over issuing an -04 revision.  Anyone have issues with
this?

If I missed (or mis-captured) any comments please let me
know as well.

Brian and Gen-ART team, thanks much for your diligence
and usual careful review!

-danny

---
Request that this document obsoletes RFC 3786.

-
Expand "Virtual IS" in S4.2.2 to Virtual System with
"(Virtual IS)" following in parentheses.

-
Replace "IS-Alias" in S4.4 text with "IS Alias ID"

-
s/[ISO 10589]/[IS-IS]

-
s/[IS- IS]/[IS-IS]/

-
s/[RFC 2119]/[BCP14]/

-
S 4.4: s/RFC 3784/[RFC 5305]/
S 4.5: s/RFC 3784/[RFC 5305]/

-
S 4.5: s/RFC 4205/[RFC 5307]/

-
Remove reference [BCP9]
Remove reference [BCP26]
Remove reference [BCP79]

-
Update reference with:

   [M-IS-IS] Pryzgienda, T., Shen, N., and Sheth, N., "Multi Topology
   (MT) Routing in IS-IS", RC 5120, February 2008.

-
Replace:

   [RFC 3784] Smit, H. and T. Li, "Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) Extensions for Traffic Engineering (TE)", RFC 3784,
   June 2004.

With:

   [RFC 5305] Smit, H. and T. Li, "IS-IS Extensions for Traffic
   Engineering", RFC 5305, October 2008.

-
Replace:

   [RFC 4205] Kompella, K. and Rehkter, Y., "Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) Extensions in Support of Generalized
   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)", RFC 4205, October 2005.

With:

   [RFC 5307] Kompella, K. and Rehkter, Y., "IS-IS Extensions in
   Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)",
   RFC 5307, October 2008.

-
Move from Normative to Informative Reference:

   [RFC 3786] Hermelin, A., Previdi, S. and Shand, M., "Extending the
   Number of Intermediate to Intermediate (IS-IS) Link State PDU (LSP)
   Fragments Beyond the 256 Limit," RFC 3786, May 2004.