[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your review!

Whether the document should say "SHOULD NOT", "MUST NOT", or possibly
something else (such as "MAY") was discussed extensively in TLS WG (in fact, this was the *only* part of the document that was discussed), and the WG settled for "SHOULD NOT".

I'm not going to summarize the whole discussion (if you're interested,
see TLS WG mailing list, Nov 2007..Feb 2008 and May..June 2008), [...]

Pasi: OK, understood.  That said, I have no further comments
on the draft on its way to publication.

Thanks,

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)