On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, sebb wrote:

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:22:12 +0100
From: sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
To: general@attic.apache.org
Subject: Redirects for attic project download directories

The original thread got derailed, so here is what I think the issue is.

When a project is moved to the attic, its website is updated to show a
banner that the project has been retired, with a link to the attic.

Also, its release files on www.apache.org/dist are removed, and
replaced with an .htaccess redirect to an Attic page with summary
details of the project.

e.g.
http://www.apache.org/dist/harmony
redirects to
http://attic.apache.org/projects/harmony.html

Whilst this redirect works, and is simple to administer, it means
there are many directories under www.apache.org/dist/ which only
contain an .htaccess file, and scripts may have to be aware of which
directories correspond to active projects.

It would be useful to be able to tidy this up.

  FYI ; this now works.

  The config of www.apache.org redirects

    www.apache.org/dist/GHOST => attic.apache.org/projects/GHOST.html

  ... if the latter exists. See :

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/etch/

  This dir has no '.htaccess' file ; note the leading '.' ;
  infra moved .htaccess => htaccess as a final test.
  Try : https://www.apache.org/dist/etch

  I think it is now safe to remove all /dist/GHOST/ directories.

  Groeten,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penn...@uu.nl     \_/