There's a very nice paper by Ross Anderson called "Why Cryptosystems
fail" available at http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/9195.html - it's a crappy
PDF file on the site ... I have a high quality original if anyone's
interested.

        The basic message is that trusting in technology does not give you
security - SSL and PIN can all be bypassed with ease if you have the
time or the desire ...  there was a nice article on cryptome.org a while
back about this.

--
Edmund Cramp
http://www.emgsrus.com/graffiti.htm